Monday, June 9, 2014

UNSHAKABLE

 Henosis is the amalgamated world of two artists,
 combining their unique styles to bring forth a new dimension of morphed reality.

I love to draw and paint
 the themes that are unusual and off the beat.
Now what do you say 
when you hear from Henosis 
that they are holding an exhibition
 and the theme is 
"22 ways to Kill your Boss"

 I know you already have that smile on your face and tightened fists.

Why 22 ? Because 22 artists were chosen to display their emotions :)

Now since I do not have a conventional boss 
and I am my own boss...
I was in a fix but then
 I immediately realised
 that in the recent past 
certain negative people and 
negative situations have acted quite bossy on me
and I have managed to overcome 
those without harming a soul
 and by managing my anger in a quieter way.

In no time I decided what I wanted to show through my art.

So here is a glimpse 
of the opening night on the 5th of June
for all of you to enjoy !!

































I called my painting UNSHAKABLE and here is a short description of what I wanted to show

"I am constantly on a mission to eliminate all sorts of energy vampires around me.
 Now they may be people with negative frame of mind or situations 
but I have taken a pledge to be just me…
a happy, calm, composed, compassionate and peaceful person at heart. 
I would never ever sacrifice my own positive thoughts
 which I treat as my most valuable possession 
and be a slave to such dysfunctional mindsets
 and will keep reflecting the same through my artistic endeavors.
“I will not allow anyone to walk through my mind with their dirty feet”…as is so truly said by Gandhi ji. Through a simple maneuver involving free will and choice, 
I have learnt how to deploy my own thoughts 
to break through limitations,
 turn failure into success,
 and activate my own healing powers.
 The negative, discouraging forces around me continue to show their powers
 but then in spite of these provocative negative forces
 I will continue to stay positive, poised and peaceful."


        ...and here is my piece....




So this is my way of the 22 ...
do let me know
what would you do !!



11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing so much beauty! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the photos, and art; different moods, different styles makes for quite an interesting post
    Have a good weekend


    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fortunate to be in such an art filled area. I enjoyed this very much
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your art show, as well as on your soothing piece, which I LOVE! It's hard to avoid negativity no matter where you work, so even though I've never articulated it as well as you, I avoid it. It's to easy to be sucked into it, and it's so draining. By staying around positive people at work, working on my artwork on a regular basis, spending time with family, and praying regularly, I stay as positive as I can. Happy PPF and Blessings!
    http://arnoldolromero.blogspot.com/2014/06/week-1-of-summer-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lovely work shows peace in the midst of harassments and danger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your piece and your representation -so beautiful! Thanks for sharing some of the other entries also. And I have to say-if that is you on the left in the two photos you are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work...thanks for sharing all the entries..and I love your peaceful spirit...I agree it's the best way to be! You hold the power of your peace!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. your piece perfectly reflects your statement about it... thanks for sharing about the exhibition... wish I could have seen it in person....it looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifully expressed my friend..so healing and such a blissful spirit and positive way to carry oneself in each journey..it is the only way..I so agree my friend and can totally relate, wonderful! Gorgeous soulful art...and deeply meaningful...and your magic is always vibing! Loved this whole post..and seeing all the art..fantastic!
    Shine on kindred!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hello
    Ritu maam,
    Accidently hoped to ur blog and what an pleasant experience and I have bookmarked it..
    Maam, I would like to request you that you should join - www.indiblogger.in , its the best platform for bloggers and they organise meets too... kindly just give it a visit...
    Thanks for sharing
    Regards
    Bhavikk Shah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bhavik I am already there on indiblogger.in It is just that I am not regularly posting there....anyways thanks a lot for your visit. Hope you remain a regular visitor!

      Delete