Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Art at Urban Haat


Today I give you
 a glimpse of the funfilled event 
I was a part of.
 Urban Haat in BelapurNavi Mumbai
 is a place blessed 
with natural beauty.
 It is a place where various artists 
and crafts men showcase their art and talent.
An event "Art, Craft and Food festival"
was held recently here and I had my fingers in the paint tubs again!
As an artist 
I was given an opportunity
 to do some live painting
 on a big canvas tied... between two huge beautiful trees.

The event was organised
 by an NGO called Era for Woman 
which encourages women artisans from rural 
areas to come forward, 
show their talent and earn their living. 
Keeping up with the theme 
of women empowerment 
I showcased different facets of a woman
 through my painting. 
If she is as delicate as a lotus...she can also let the world hear her roar if the need be!


































And now my favorite part of the whole event.
 I wanted the fun to become more interactive.
And so caught hold of these tiny little cuties to get soaked in my colours!!
You can see how much fun we had!
These kids may be little in their size 
but they were way too smart.
 And look at the messages they have given!!

















































10 comments:

  1. AMAZING! Thank you for sharing all the photos from this super event!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting happening. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic event for a great cause, Ritu. I love the colours and activity you captured in your photos and your large painting is wonderful - the fact you had all those children add to it is fabulous. By the way, your hair is incredible - that's the longest plait I've ever seen! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it when you show us the events that you take part in. This looks like a wonderful success and every one was having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun filled and joyful event! Thanks so much for sharing , I especially loved how the children got involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole experience sounds and looks so exhilarating, yet a little intimidating, since you had an audience. However, I have to say that I was fascinating to see how you got all those children to partake of your creation as they made their own additions to the whole. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. classical, colorful, beautiful to say the least

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your part of the world with us. Such beautiful bright colours. I love how you included little ones on your canvas! You are empowering little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a inspiring event! I love seeing the progression on your canvas and the efforts of the children. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete